Day 01 :
Arrive at Leh. Arrive at Leh airport by morning flight. (There are three flights to Leh operated by Jet Airways, Kingfisher and Air India). You will be met and assisted on arrival. Transfer to hotel. Whole day is free to acclimatize the body to the high altitudes. Overnight at hotel. (Welcome drink on arrival).
Day 02 :
After breakfast proceed for a full day sightseeing of Shay palace, Thiksey and Hemis monasteries. O/N in hotel at Leh.
- Until the 16th century it was the royal residence, Kings of Leh were supposed to be born in the monasteries. This Palace Monastery has the largest statue of Maître Buddha (Buddha to come) in Ladakh. Erected in the mid 17th century, worked out of gold and gilded copper sheets with blue hair, it stands 17.5 meters high.
- is an imposing monastery and one of the finest example of Ladakhi architecture. This Gompa is situated on the top of the hill and forms part of Gelukpa order. The 12-storey monastery complex contains numerous stupas, statues, thankas, wall paintings, swords and a large pillar engraved with the Buddha's teachings, there are sacred shrines and a many precious objects to be seen. The successive reincarnation of the Skyabje Khampo Ringpoche acts as in-charge of the monastery. The main prayer hall has a 15 mt high-seated Buddha figure.
- Is one of the richest, biggest and most famous gompa in Ladakh. Built in 1630, it belongs to the red sect. Its popularity stems from the major annual festival held during summer in honour of their Guru Padma Sambhava's birth anniversary, every 12 years the thanka with his photograph is displayed - the largest in the world. The monastery houses silver chortens studded with precious and semi precious stones, an impressive library of Tibetan style books, large number of thankas, various images of Buddha and frescoes including the famous "Wheel of Life".
Leh- Spituk to Zingchen 3700 m (4-5 hours)
Our walk begins along an old jeep road on very dry and exposed land, so water and protection against the sun are important! After 3 hours the landscape becomes greener as we go into the Zingchen Valley, where the Rumbak River flows into the Indus. Our camp is in the small village of Zingchen, which means 'big field', where there are just two houses. The rest of the day will be spent enjoying the view and maybe even a dip in the river.
Zingchen to Rumbak 3900 m (3-4 hours)
Today we enter Hemis National Park, home to the famous Snow Leopard, Blue Sheep, Ladakhi Urial (a type of goat), great Tibetan sheep (Arghali), red fox, Tibetan wolf, wild dog (dhole), Lynx, marmot and mountain hare. We start to climb gradually up to village of Rumbak.
Rumbak – Stokla – Camp Site
In the morning after breakfast you will ascend the 4,900-m. Stok Pass also known as the Namlung La. If you are fit and have camped at the plateau just under the pass as all do, you should have no problem climbing up to the pass. One can climb steadily and made it in less than 1.5 hrs.
Camp Site – Stok – Leh
Today is an easy day going downhill all the way. Follow the stream on its left bank as it heads north. The path is broad and easy. You will find willows and wild roses growing on islands in the middle of the stream which grows quite wide as you approach Stok. Visit the Stok Palace, residence of the king of Ladakh.
Day 07 :
After early breakfast drive for a visit of Pangong Lake via Chang La pass(17,500 Ft). The drive takes you through specatular, amazing scenery, with breathtaking views of the snowcapped mountains . The Lake is the highest(4267M - 14,500 Ft)) salt-water lake in the world, situated along the India / China border. It is about 130 Km long and 5-6 Km wide. The Chang -Chenmo range surrounding it from the north provide a spectacular backdrop to the blue and green expanse of its brackish water. Overnight Camp.
Day 08 :
Breakfast at the camp and spend the morning exploring the area. Return to Leh by the evening. O/N hotel at Leh.
Day 09 :
Halfday rafting trip on Zanskar river. Afternoon free for personal activities. O/N in hotel at Leh.
Day 10 :
Transfer to airport to catch the flight for Delhi with sweet memories of Ladakh.Tour Ends.
Price based on Per head basis nett.
| 2 – 3 pax
4 – 5 pax
6 – 7 pax
8 – 9 pax
10 – 12 pax
Single suppliment is 40% of the above cost
- Accomodation on double room basis in hotel and Camp with all meals.
- All transfers and sightseeing by non-ACC Qualis jeeps.
- Complete trek arrangements with staff.
- Innerline permits.
- Wildlife fee, camping fee & trek permits.
- Air tickets DELHI – LEH – DELHI
- Room service, Laundry & Telephone / Fax calls.
- Monastries entrance fee.
- Still & Video camera fee.
- Any expances of personal nature. Clients personal insurance.
- Tipping & Portage.
- Riding horses.